Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hot or Not?

What's up beauties!? Today on Hot or Not? I am going to be reviewing the CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray.

What they claim:
Provides superior heat protection from the inside out
Protects against styling and finishing damages from the hottest heat styling tools
Hair will remain silky and shiny
Your styles will last longer with use
Softens and balances hair locking in the moisture
Style can be regenerated with heat again and again
Ideal with all CHI irons  

Pros:
Protects from heat damage
Your hair looks shiny after use
Easy to apply to hair
Doesn't tangle your hair
Doesn't weigh your hair down when curling it

Cons:
Leaves your hair feeling sticky and greasy
Your hair gets dirty easier
Your hair gets crunchy
Long time to dry in your hair even if you spray it twice
The smell (For some people)
Your hair sizzles in the iron
Your hair feels dry (For some people)
Does wear out after a certain amount of heat is applied to the hair
Have to reapply after blow drying and before other heat styling

Over all I give this product a 3 1/2 stars out of 5 because it does add shine to your hair and does protect from heat which it's suppose to do but my hair is greasy by the end of the day and it does dry my ends out.  After the product is completely dry and I start styling my hair, my hair sizzles in the iron and it doesn't do that when I don't have the product in my hair so I will not be repurchasing this product at all.  Try it out for your self to see if it works for your hair because remember every hair type is different and so different products work for different hair types and unfortunately this product is a not.

3 comments:

  1. i dont know what it is about flat iron hair protectant spray but i havent found one yet that leaves my hair non-sitcky and hard. great review! <3

    www.itsthejojoshow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you do please let me know because I haven't found one either and I am in desperate need of one.

      Delete
  2. Hey lady!! I just found your cute blog via the hop, and I'm your newest follower! I'd also love to invite you to check out a fabulous Triple Giveaway I'm having right now!!

    Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
    xo

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete